Friday, April 2, 2010

10 weeks/70 days/1680 hours/100,800 minutes...

...until my sweetheart comes home to stay.  I have a lot more I want to say about this but it will have to wait for another time.  Just wanted to note it for the record :)

The weather gods have been kind to us and Chicago has been blessed with two glorious days of (almost) summerlike weather.  I, for one, plan to make the most of it.  The doors and windows are wide open and this tease of summer has lured my mind into the very near future and all the promise summer holds.  Post-bedtime wine on the patio, grilling up some tasty veggie burgers, countless zoo trips--the Zilla and I are members and it is one of our favorite places, lazy afternoons of dangling our feet in the pool, the lakefront--oh, how I love the shores of Lake Michigan, and maybe a trip or three to the Shedd--another favorite of ours.  I *love* summer.  I'm not a fan of the sometimes oppressive humidity--I would never make it in Florida, Louisiana, or the like--but the sun on my face, it's warmth on my skin, just make me feel...alive.  And it's due.  The winters here gut me.  But the winter is already retreating into the recesses of my memories and summer beckons me to come play.

Don't mind if I do...

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cake or Death?