Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ketchup!

Ok, ok...so I am not writing an entire post regarding tomato based condiments--just a small nod to one of my all-time favorite movies, Pulp Fiction. (Google Uma's joke and Pulp Fiction if you are entirely lost at this point)

I have a bunch of pics to post so expect to see them show up in dribs and drabs over the coming week. I've given up on my 365 Project. I made it three whole days. I am, to quote my most quotable daughter, "The Master of Suck." (see very old myspace & wordpress blogs for reference to that one) In any case, I have been making a conscious effort to take more photos but snapping pics and uploading them on a daily basis ended up becoming a fairly sizable task. Basically, I made the very easy decision that I wanted to spend my time with the zilla and not online so you'll get what you get when I give it. :)

The first of many shipments of J's books made their way to our front door. Squee! We've decided it would be easier, and more cost effective, to ship his books and other incidentals home in stages versus having to rent a truck for our drive cross country. When we move him back it will be a one car deal. Talk about paring down! The biggest obstacle will be transporting his upright bass--on the move to California it rode shotgun. Sorry, bass, that's *my* seat. ;) J has plans to strap it to the top of the car but I'm a little nervous (hello, rain!). Still, we have a touch over three months to work out the details. On our end, the zilla and I are also paring down. It isn't an easy task. When we moved from the OF to our wee apartment, paring down was a necessity. A year later, adding another (very welcome) person to our little space means making space for him. The plus side? The zilla is more than amenable to donating various toys and clothes to make room for J. She is thrilled beyond words that our countdown has reached mere months. J and I know that the process of combining our households, and lives, is sure to be a bumpy one but we are excited and more than ready to make it all work.

My gram, and dad, are both out of the hospital and on the mend. My gram's strength and cognition improve daily. Still a little forgetful, but at (almost) 92 I am willing to concede that point. She is very eager to get back into her own digs but we are still a far cry from that kind of independence. Baby steps.

I'm also doing a lot more cooking. My allrecipes addiction has reached an all-time high and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Mostly soup and chili (I could live on soup throughout our endless Midwestern winters). I'll try to post recipes and links as to what recipes we try and how well they turn out. Nothing fancy--the zilla's burgeoning schedule leaves little time for labor intensive recipes, but I'll show you what we've got. :)

The sound of chatting outside our door means the zilla's home from her study date. And that means my time here is over for now. Hopefully, I will be back sooner rather than later...hopefully ;)

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cake or Death?