Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Here's the Skinny

I suppose if I am going to make any sort of semi-serious effort to post here I should tell you a little bit about myself.  So here goes...

I'm Karyn (duh).  I am a single mom to a rock awesome (in my totally biased opinion) nine-year-old daughter.  You'll see her pop up in most blogs as "the zilla".  The zilla was diagnosed with autism one month shy of her second birthday although my blog posts don't focus on autism nearly as much as they had in past years.  Another frequent source of bloggaliciousness is my boyfriend, J.  J. and I rock the long-distance thing.  For three years now (almost four). Yeah.  Really.  We do a lot of texting. :)  We also reside with an Oriental cat named Moo Shu.  Well...originally his name was Moo Shu.  Over the last year and a half his name has grown.  Currently, his full name is as follows:  Moo Shu Ninja-Cat Pork-Butt Schmooglehoffer Sagan.  The zilla adds to his name whenever the mood strikes her so as I type this his name could be changing.  I'll keep you posted.

What else?  Ah, I spend my days working with moderate-to-severely autistic children--the boys I have right now are aged 14-16. I won't lie.  It kick my ass every single day but I *love* my job. 

Ok.  So that isn't *it* but these little intro posts always make me feel like some Miss (am I too old for Miss?) America contestant and that just ain't my style.  If you have questions, ask.  I tend not to shy away from answers. ;)

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cake or Death?