Thursday, January 7, 2010

So I'm a Fucking Liar...

So every year I declare I am not going to make a New Year's resolution.  And I don't.  Don't really believe in them.  The closest I came was five years ago when I decided that it would be my year to "Think Less and Do More..."  It was a resolution meant to combat my overly analytical nature and just *do* something.  Be more spontaneous.  Be...not so...well, me.  A little over two weeks later I found myself out with a group of co-workers (my now sweetheart being among them) and decided it was time to put theory into action.  I blew off my ride, snagged one with him, and the rest is history (ok, maybe not a straight from there to here history--but you get the point). :)  Still, that was years ago and at the end of my year of "Think Less and Do More" I settled, quite contentedly, into my routine of eschewing all New Year's resolutions.

Until this year.

This year, I've decided, is my "Yes Year."  My year to say yes to all those things that, for whatever reason, I may have said no to before.  Before you get too excited, this doesn't mean you can call and ask me for asinine favors and I will readily agree--it's not that kind of yes.  It is yes to ideas, and experiences, and maybe even commitments that I may have shied away from previously. 

I have no idea how this will go.  Part of my mind is suspicious that this is a non-resolution.  I am rather open-minded and willing to try new things.  Still, there is a part of my subconscious that trembles at the thought of this.  A part that realizes that, for once, "meh" will not be an acceptable answer.  It could go either way--tricky stuff, those subconsciouses (subconsciousii?)

In any case.  I'll keep you posted.

<3 

Listening to:  The sounds of one purring Moo Shu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cake or Death?