Sunday, January 31, 2010

You can quote me on that

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."--Marilyn Monroe

Quotes and song lyrics have a way of working themselves under my skin and traveling through my nerves and blood vessels, firing off synapses, until they eventually come to rest in my brain.  There they take on a life of their own--seeping into my gray matter and leaking into my every day thoughts.  When I say I can't get one out of my head, I mean it.  

The above quote, from one of my personal icons--Marilyn Monroe, has taken up residency in my brain as of late.  And, in true *me* fashion, my brain has turned it over and over, hither and fro, like a quotation version of a Rubik's Cube; matching this particular quotation to so many people and events that are permanently stored within the vast caverns of my mind and its memories.  I feel as if I've lived this quote thousands of times...and probably will live it thousands more.

At this very moment I am in the midst of watching my Gram as she drifts further and further from us (this is a letting go that I will never accept nor with which I deal well) and on the precipice of a whole new life with J. and the zilla as we make our plans and preparations for his big move back.  A teeter-totter of emotions which wears me out on a near daily basis.  (Typing the simple phrase "wears me out" immediately sets my brain into motion and now the musical stylings of Radiohead's "Fake Plastic Trees" is playing within the confines of my inner iTunes--neuroTunes, perhaps?)  Two vastly different events, both hugely important in my life, which I have trouble opening up about and adequately putting into words.

Perhaps this is the reason that I find myself, and so much solace, in the words of others.  When my words fail me--as they often do--there is the comfort of knowing that somewhere, sometime, someone else has felt the same way and managed to find the words for you...

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cake or Death?